Friday, March 19, 2010

Favorites from the Dallas Quilt Show 2010

Last weekend was the Dallas Quilt show. I have gone to every show for the last 6 or 7 years and really liked this one. Some years it seems that the quilts are all the same, 1 year there were way too many Art quilts for my tastes, but this year there seemed to be a very good variety. Plus there were a lot of bright quilts which is always a good thing in my book.

I did a little bit of shopping- picked up a couple of novelty FQ's since I'm going to get back to making "I Spy" quilts again, and I also picked up some B&W prints because I want to get back to working on "Babs meets Jane and Freddy".
I took over 100 pictures, but here are a few of my favorites...

Here's a wedding ring in blacks and grays. I love it.

I like this Black & Bright. I do not typically care for embellishments but this one calls to me. She titled it "It's a Bling Thing"

and here is another Black & Bright- "Eye of the Peacock" (I wish I could get as creative with the back of my quilts)

This Star quilt was made entirely with Oval shaped Yo-Yo's
and I really like this "Self Portrait"- don't we all feel like that sometimes?


1 comment:

Quilter In Paradise said...

glad you got some pictures - my camera did have a good battery!
Beth in Dallas