Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In 1969

I was only 2 1/2. Mom reminded me at the concert that 1969 wasn't a very good year for our family. Grandma was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in January and was in and out of the hospital 6 times during the year. This was before all the wonderful things they can do now. She passed away August of '74. I can't imagine living 5 1/2 years with the cancer. Dad was working 2 jobs and Mom was raising 3 kids at the time. She said we were constantly farmed out to babysitters. My youngest brother wasn't born yet.

Anyway, here are 2 pictures from the concert. Someone videotaped the entire thing and is supposedly putting parts of it on YouTube, I will see if that happens and let you know.

Here is a picture of "First Friday Folksingers". I am the gal smack dab in the middle. The set is a "magic bus" and the numbers 1969. I tie dyed all the t-shirts except the one on the far left.


And here I am performing my solo "Both Sides Now" with Charlie accompanying me.

1 comment:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Way to go! No way could I do that. What fun and I look forward to the video!
Regina