Thursday, September 11, 2008

Anniversaries

well, today is the anniversary of 9/11. It is also my 9th wedding anniversary.

The morning of 9/11 I was at work. I work at a child care center. At that time, I was the Assistant Director of the school. One of our parents called and asked if I had heard the news, and to turn on a TV that wasn't around any of the kids. We took a small TV into the kitchen and the cook and I stood there in shock and watched the repeat of the first tower falling. Then all of a sudden the 2nd one was hit.

Parents started calling. Many came and got their kids and took them home. We tried really hard not to alarm the kids that anything was happening. It was business as close to normal as we could.

That afternoon when the older kids came in from school, several of them were talking about it. Their teachers had let them watch the news all day. I don't agree that kids that young should watch that sort of news. We took aside the kids that had watched it and had a long conversation about it. They didn't understand what had happened. It was hard to talk about it, because I didn't understand it either. Still don't to some extent.

My husband and I had planned to go out to dinner that night, but instead we stayed home, ordered pizza and watched the news. I don't mean to make light of it, but he now knows he has no excuse to forget our Anniversary date.

Never forget.

Happy Anniversary David.

Now back to regularly scheduled quilting.

No comments: