Thursday, February 4, 2010

Catching Up

I didn't realize it had been a month since I posted...where does the time go? I've been really busy at work and dealing with some personal issues and haven't done a whole lot of sewing since finishing the pink & red top which is at tirane's house.

A while back I posted these fabrics I bought at Golden D'orI took the fabric with me when I went on my first retreat back in January with the Garland Quilt Guild Board. Until I started cutting I had no idea what pattern I was going to do. I spent the weekend cutting it all up and since then I've been making these blocks.

I've already dubbed this quilt "Monster Mash". (I'm not very original with names). Tirane says the googly eyes give her the creeps but I hope she'll have fun quilting the top. I hope to have it ready for our next get together. I'm sure some kid will love it. For being such an easy pattern it's the first time I've ever made a "Snowball & 9-Patch" quilt. It won't be the last. I can see using up a lot of my novelty yardage and brights in similar fashion.

Since I've been lax in posting, here are some promised pictures. First is a picture of the Christmas presents that Swooze made for me. I love them. The pincushion is stuffed with dry walnut shells (I think). It's so pretty I haven't started using it yet.

and last, but certainly not least, is a promised picture of the "Ankh" quilt on our bed and a close-up picture of the quilting. This is the quilt that David really wanted and my friends helped me make so I'd stop whining about it. I love my friends :)


(sorry the closeup pic isn't that great, I think I should have zoomed in a little closer)


4 comments:

Pat said...

I think the monster quilt is cute because they look like FRIENDLY monsters to me!

tirane93 said...

what a great post! thanks for sharing pictures of the finished ankh. and go scope out my blog. your random boxes are ready!

country mouse said...

Love your little monsters, how cute! The snowball 9-patch is such a great pattern. I have one on my UFO list done in all scraps. Don't know what is going on personally for you, but I hope that you are able to get everything worked out and things get better. ((hugs))

Shellie said...

What does the ankh symbol mean to you? I know it has several meanings. How interesting.