I've been thinking about a lot of things this week.
1. I love my stash. Am I going to add to it this year? Yep. Am I going to use up a lot of it this year? Sure hope so. Am I going to spend time I could be sewing counting it and adding it up? Nope. Not gonna do it right now. It is what it is.
2. Beginning of 2008 I had about 60 UFO's. I'm down to less than 30. I'm good. Some of these were traded away, some were given away, heck, some were actually made into quilts. I have been looking at the UFO's that are left and I can say 1 thing...I'm tired of "samplers". More UFO's may be going away soon.
3. There are things I want to learn this year. I want to get better at binding. I want to learn to miter corners. I want to make tote bags. I want to learn to quilt on my machine. I want to get over my fear/loathing of applique. I used to say that about paper piecing so I know I can do it.
4. I am NOT going to set unattainable goals. My ONLY New Years resolution is to FINISH more than I start. That's it and I know I can do that.
5. I'm going to spend more time with my loved ones and friends, cultivating friendships and creating memories.
Here's to a great 2010 my friends!