Monday, June 1, 2009

Stash Report, Week 22

I haven't posted in forever. I am finally getting into my new routine at work though and have been doing some sewing and getting some things done.

Here's an updated report...

Fabric Added this Week: 10 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 28.625 yards

Fabric Used this Week: 1 yard and a Whole lot of scraps!
Fabric Used Year to Date: 49 yards

The fabric acquired this week was 10 yards of solid black that tirane was able to get at a great bargain. $3 a yard. We thought it was going to be Kona black, but even though it wasn't, it was still a good enough quality that it was a good deal.

The fabric used this week was actually from 2 weeks ago, to put the borders on the quilt I've made for my co-worker. I've already picked up that quilt back from tirane and my boss, Helle, is going to put the binding on it. Separate post coming about it later this week after it's completely finished but here is a sneak peek.

All of the strips used in the blocks were from the 2 boxes of pink and red scraps that my friend Lynn had sent me.I had dumped them all in this bag. Making Leslie's quilt barely made a dent in the heap so I'm on the lookout for another pattern to use up more of them. Maybe a log cabin? Maybe "Boxy Stars" from Quiltville? Try something challenging that I've been wanting to do and make pineapple blocks? What is your favorite pattern for using 2 1/2 inch strips?

We had our monthly "Sit & Sew" at tirane's house on Saturday and were discussing my stash clean up. Swooze asked me if I'd been buying fabric again. I let out at resounding "NO". It feels really good to say that. I haven't stepped foot into JoAnn's or my LQS in well over a month. I realized I never even went to pick up my BOM kits for May and here it is June 1. The LQS will save them up for me and they will be there when I get them. It's not a project I've been keeping up with on anyway.

I haven't used up as much as I would have liked by this point halfway through the year, but I feel that is changing. I've got several projects I'm currently working on now that involve scraps, but hey, the borders and the backings have to come from somewhere right? And I'm getting a lot better at "shopping my stash" even though there are a lot of neat fabrics out there right now that I'd love to get my hands on.

Speaking of stash, I had set a goal to sew over 150 yards this year. I'd better get busy!

1 comment:

Crispy said...

Thanks for the sneak peek, I look forward to seeing the completed project :0)

Crispy