Monday, September 28, 2009

Over 1/2 gone!

Well I woke up Saturday morning with a bad cough that followed me around most of the weekend. I didn't get any sewing done. However, I did some reflection, planning, and organizing in my sewing room.

David has agreed that if I can find a buyer for the twin bed then we can get rid of it and that will free up a lot of space in the room. I need to move some stuff out of the way and take the frame apart and post it on Craigslist. Anyone local to Dallas know anyone who'd like a Twin bed with a Red metal headboard in great condition? It's really cute, just not needed.

I went through my tubs of blocks. I posted over a year and a half ago my list of 'BIB's (blocks in bags). At that point I had 73 sets total. I now have a list of only 25!!!!! I should go back through the old list and count the ones actually made into tops, but a lot were given away or traded away. Some still on the list don't really speak to me anymore so I'm thinking of trading or giving them away too.

My new list of 25:

Crumb Blocks
Black & Bright Pinwheels
Fall Sampler blocks ( I have enough blocks for 2 or 3 quilts though)
30's Sampler
Brown/Pink/Cream Sampler
Black/Pink/White Sampler
Blue & Yellow Sampler
Christmas Sampler
Halloween Blocks
Black & Bright Indian Stars
Lot O' Hearts (won in QATW February Block Lotto)
30's Churn Dashes
Spring Fling
Tennessee
Orange/Yellow/White Sampler
Better Be Bright Blocks
Red & White Sampler
Pink & White Sampler
Butterfly FBS
Pink & Purple 16 patches
Black & White & Wild Friendship Stars
Batik & Cream Sampler
Kids Buzzard Roost
Scrappy Bowties

That doesn't count a few UFO's. To me UFO is anything I'm currently working on, or have started and not finished. That list includes

Pink & Red Random Blocks
Babs meets Freddy & Jane
Adagio
Rocky Road to Kansas
30's Shooflies
Red/Green Dutchman Puzzles
Black & Bright Zig Zag
Spiderweb

In the next couple of days I'll post my list of October Goals.

1 comment:

Quilter In Paradise said...

bring a couple of bags to our saturday meet, bring your machine...we can lay them out and you can get sewing on them!
Beth in Dallas