Monday, March 10, 2008

Snowy Pond


Here is our house after the last little snowfall.







The house backs up to a city Greenbelt with a pond. I wish you could see the snow and ice that were on this tree. In the pond this day were 2 beautiful Snowy White Egrets. The digital camera wasn't working so I couldn't take a picture of them. We're hoping that they are a mating pair, it would be nice to see more of them around.

This pond is one of the reasons David never wants to move. He looked at the picture above and mentioned that it doesn't even look like a picture that was taken in the middle of a big city. The pond has been home to a turtle family, ducks, egrets, and a beaver that decided he wanted our small peach tree. We've also seen nutria, and had a crawdad crawl up from there, which David found when he was using the weed whacker one day. I love to go out and see what's going on in the pond. I try to ignore the litter that ends up along the sides. Once or twice a year the neighborhood has a "Clean the Pond" day, and since I'm losing weight, I hope to participate in the next one.

One day I may design a "Landscape" quilt based on this pond.

No comments: