Friday, July 3, 2009

Sewing Marathon

The school is closed today and David has to work all weekend so I am having a sewing MARATHON. I'll do a little sleeping, a little eating, and take a break tonight to go to "First Friday Folksingers" at church but other than that I'm going to sew, sew, SEW.

My weekend goals are:

  • Finish the Pink/Brown/Cream Rail fence aka "Sweet Rails".
  • I'm starting my version of "Dear Jane" and have picked very easy blocks to start with. I want to get at least 2 done this weekend.
  • I need to make some blocks for Medina. We had a 1 on 1 exchange and sent each other a yard of fabric to make 12 blocks. She's a SAHM and had all of my blocks made and back to me within a month. I've been slacking and haven't finished hers (several months later). Still need to make 7 blocks and hope to get most of them done this weekend.
  • Many years ago when I was active in the quilting group at about.com we did a swap for 2 1/2 inch Moda Marble strips. The colors chosen were so pretty I didn't want to use them in anything else and sat the tub of strips aside. They started screaming at me the other night and I sat down and designed the quilt in EQ6. I have a ton of solid black to use with them and have named this quilt "Amish Stripes". Gee, I wish I was more creative with titles. LOL. I want to get this quilt started and as much progress made on it as possible.
So that's it! I promise pictures and progress updates so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Crispy said...

Hmmmm seems like a really long list to me LOL. Isn't it wonderful when we have several days all to ourselves??

Crispy

tirane93 said...

c'mon wake up and get going this morning! you have tons of sewing to do! take pictures, blog, we wanna see!

Quilter In Paradise said...

so how much did you get done?? doing a Dear Jane, too, huh?? I have background all picked out, just need to start.. that's the hardenst part!!! STARTING !!

so, where are some pictures !?!?!

Beth in Dallas