Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hole in the Barn Door

I finished it last night. The border fabrics both came from old stash- fabrics I bought several years ago when the Hancocks 5 minutes from me closed down. Here is a closeup of them as I think it's hard to tell in the other picture. I soooo want a design wall or I need to clear off a better place to take pictures.


I have enough of the jigsaw puzzle fabric left to use as the focus fabric for a quick quilt.
Just need to find an easy pattern.

I also got rows sewn together for the Black & Bright Shooflies. I decided rather than making 1 large quilt I'm making 2 small. 1 will have the pieced borders I designed and I found a great black with colored Musical notes on it in my stash for the other one. I think this Hole in the Barn Door is the first time I used a print and not a TOT to border something! So I am learning!

4 comments:

TexasRed said...

This is such a brightly-colored quilt! I love the way the blocks "frame" the central fabric each time.

Crispy said...

Very cute quilt Babs. Love the puzzle fabric.

Crispy

tirane93 said...

nice job babs!

Scrappy-Quilter said...

what a fun quilt!