If you've been following my blog lately you know that we've had computer issues. I thought for sure we'd somehow fried our USB ports. The printer and camera dock weren't working and I had tried all sorts of things, including calling Toshiba support. They told me I needed a new motherboard, which meant we might as well get a new laptop.
Well, I'm still not sure what I did but after clicking on a few things and deleting a few things, they work again! Hallelujah! It really sucked not being able to print my EQ patterns or download pictures to show off.
So here are a few things I've been working on.
****Eileen, if you want to be surprised, DON'T LOOK any further!****
Here are pictures of the Blue & White top I finished with Eileen's blocks.
She sent 13 blocks. When I saw this star block, I knew that I wanted to make it the center square. I wasn't sure about the borders around it, so thanks tirane for your great idea.
Then I played around with what I wanted to do for the outer borders. I finally decided on scrappy flying geese. I've grown to love pieced borders although I don't like tearing all the papers off (I paper piece everything).
I showed this top to my friend/boss Helle and she loved it. I am thinking of doing the same layout with another group of blocks.
I had a lot of fun putting this together. I hope she likes it.
It turned out 72 inches square. Yep, I'm gonna use this layout again. I can see having a few more blocks around a center so that it's 90 inches. Perfect for a queen bed.