Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Top of the Morning to ya! I hope you're wearing your green! If not you'll get pinched!

Several years ago I began volunteering at the North Texas Irish Festival. My friends Chuck and Jodie run the Performer Products booth where the CD's of all the groups performing are sold. The last 2 years I have been their Finance Manager. Essentially I sit and run the cash register for the weekend. I thoroughly enjoy doing it and have met lots of really interesting people, not to mention some of the performers.

The festival takes place at Fair Park and is spread out amongst several buildings. The outdoor stage, named the Shannon stage, is where the Celtic Rock groups perform. They are always my favorite. This year I took several breaks to go listen to my favorite local group perform. Needfire is made up of a Father & Son and several friends. I tried to take lots of pictures but none of them came out very well. Here's the best one. Good looking guys in kilts!

I also used the weekend to do a little research into my ancestry. I am Irish on my Mothers side and Scottish on my Fathers side. Angus MacClellan was my great-grandfather. Now how much more of a Scottish name can you get? I spent a little bit of time at the Clan MacClellan booth in the Scottish Village. I really want to learn more about my Celtic roots.


Go n-eírí an bóthar leat.
May the road rise with you.

1 comment:

Crispy said...

Your Finance Manager title really cracked me up. I'm not the least bit irish but I have to make corned beef...did one yesterday YUM!!

I love the celtic music too.

Crispy